The number one question we get in the gym is not how to burn fat but rather how to lose weight and keep it off once it’s gone. Today’s article will show you five proven steps, all of which are free and which anybody can apply right now.
Face it, we all know at least one person who has been sucked in by the big claims of glossy magazines or supplement companies offering instant results. Maybe you have, too. People often get stuck in this vicious cycle, spending years looking for that expensive quick fix which doesn’t exist. The truth is they could have achieved all of their desired goals within three to six months without spending a penny if they had just got out of that mentality and researched the following facts.
You do not have to carry on being miserable about your weight. No matter what your goal is, it is certainly achievable. We know this because it’s our job to do so.
The following five rules will help you get started right away:
1) Use a calorie deficit to your advantage. You guessed it, this is the staple rule of any diet and it basically means cutting your daily calories down. The trick is, where so many go wrong in fact, cutting down gradually until you hit your target rather than suddenly halving your food intake and forcing your body into starvation mode.
2) Eat more protein and you’ll ensure that you’ll not only lose weight but it will be good weight. Regardless of your overall goal the one place you don’t want to be is losing muscle and keeping fat. Believe it or not, the more muscle your body has the more fat you will burn. As you drop your fat and carbohydrates be sure to increase your protein and you’ll absolutely nail this great weight loss technique.
3) Protein has far less effect on the body’s fat storage systems than both carbohydrates and fat. So when you fancy a snack it makes sense to first look at the available protein sources such as chicken or fish. This is also why protein shakes are increasingly popular.
4) Our favorite weight loss technique is tried, tested and endorsed by just about every personal trainer worth his salt. The next time you head off to work simply pack your bag with a few small containers alongside your lunch. These containers are snack boxes and should be only large enough to pack in a light meal of about fifty calories. This isn’t enough to impact your overall diet, whereas it is enough to help you avoid the craving for the quick carbs and bad fats of the vending machine. There are fantastic long term weight loss results to be had here.
5) Taking a day off from your diet is a great way to prolong results. You read that correctly! Have you ever done a weight loss plan where you felt like you were punishing yourself, living on ‘rabbit food’ and avoiding everything you like? If so, where did it lead you? If you are like most people it led you directly to falling off the wagon and reaching ‘I’ll start over next month’ territory.
Having one day off each week is a great way to reward and recharge yourself ahead of the next week and the fact is there is nothing wrong with this at all. You may take on board some bad foods, that’s a given, but ultimately if it helps you to stick to your goal for ten times as long as you ever could before then there is no problem!
While we all like the idea of losing weight instantly we all know it’s silly and, deep down, we also know that gradual weight loss is the way to go if you are looking to actually keep it off once it’s gone, as opposed to piling it all back on and more like so many do. The five points above will help you a lot. Apply them starting tomorrow and you will be blown away by the results.